This is the continuation of the previous task. The goal here is to translate the Python code in c_preproc.py to C/C++ in the new module. Translating c_preproc.py entirely would be too long, so a few simplifications will be made:
- The file encoding is ascii only (no utf-8)
- Nearly all the code will be written in C++, there should be no Python objects necessary at this stage
- The boost library boost_re will be added to the previous project by using the example in playground/boost
- Comments must be filtered from the file but no trigraph/digraph processing is necessary
- Remaining headers found on #include lines will be returned
- Headers must be processed recursively
When done, commit your changes, then create a patch by using git-format and submit an enhancement request to the Waf bug tracker on googlecode and post the resulting URL to this task.
While working on this task you should join and remain in #Waf on Freenode to get help, feedback, and guidance from mentors and other developers.
When you've done, post the resulting tool this task.